The Singapore Branch turned 40 years old in 2018 and today boasts its own office and secretariat. In his welcome address chairman of the Singapore Branch, Subhangshu Dutt, highlighted two achievements over the last year.
First was the awarding of an Honorary Fellowship to Tan Beng Tee, the Deputy Chief Executive of Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore, one of just 12 fellows worldwide.
Secondly he said that the, “Skills Future Singapore appointed us the Programme Manager for the ELP (Earn & Learn Programme) – covering shipowning/shipbroking. This too is a great privilege as hitherto the Programme Manager was only awarded to educational institutions. Many responsibilities come with this appointment, but we are well placed to meet these challenges.”
Guest of honour at the prize giving ceremony was David Chin, Immediate Past Executive Director of the Singapore Maritime Foundation.
1. Introduction to Shipping - Moitra Somenath
2. Shipping Business - Vikrant Khanna
3. Legal Principles of Shipping Business - Morgan Rossiter
4. Dry Cargo Chartering - Chris Zainal
5. Ship Operations & Management - Lio Yu Feng
6. Ship Sale and Purchase - Vikrant Khanna
7. Tanker Chartering - Afzal Machingal
8. Liner Trades - Poh Lai Ang
9. Port Agency - Sim Qing Hao
10. Logistics & Multi-modal Transport - Poh Lai Ang
11. Port & Terminal Management - Jonathan Heng
12. Offshore Support Industry - Jon Loken
13. Economics of Sea Transport & International Trade - Vikrant Khanna
14. Shipping Law - Morgan Rossiter
15. Marine Insurance - Viknesh Jeg Pillay
16. Shipping Finance - Lynn Chow Bao Ling
Best Overall Student - Vikrant Khanna