A popular winner, Kishore Rajvanshy was presented on the evening in front of hundreds of esteemed guests by Gerry Buchanan, Managing Director, The Liberian Registry.
“Mr. Rajvanshy has had a remarkable career to date encompassing many vital maritime disciplines from mechanical engineering to technical directorship across several leading maritime organisations.” remarked Andrew Williams, President – Maritime, Informa Markets. “Tonight we recognized his achievements which are currently shining through his tenure as founding MD of the regionally-impactful Fleet Management Ltd. It’s been a pleasure to shine the Seatrade spotlight on Mr, Rajvanshy’s career to date.”
Further high-profile personalities honoured at Seatrade Maritime Awards Asia 2019 included:
- Young Person of the Year 2019: John Hahn, CEO and Co-Founder, Ocean Freight Exchange
- Integration of Women in the Maritime Sector Award: Rosita Lau, Partner, Ince
- Personality of the Year 2019: Jack Hsu, Chairman HKSOA, Chairman and President Sincere Navigation, Managing Director Oak Maritime HK
A total of fifteen winners were announced on the evening, which was hosted by Singapore-based television presenter Anita Kapoor, in the presence of Guest of Honour – Mr Frank Chan Fan, JP, Secretary for Transport and Housing for Hong Kong.
In time-old tradition, the winners remained a secret until the presentation ceremony and the winners were unveiled to great fanfare and celebration.
A full list of the deserving Seatrade Maritime Award Asia winners can be found below:
- Education & Training Award – Magsaysay People Resources Corporation
- Green Shipping Award – Orient Overseas Container Line Ltd
- Technical Innovation Award – Wilhelmsen Ships Service - Ships Agency
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award – Leela Worldwide
- Safety Initiative Award – Keppel Shipyard Ltd
- Ship Manager Award – Thome Group
- Ship Owner/Operator Award – CMA CGM Asia Pte Ltd
- Maritime Law Award – HFW
- Ship Finance Award – Bank of Communications Co. Ltd. Hong Kong Branch
- Fuel Efficiency Award – APL
- Deal of the Year – Pacific Basin Shipping
With thanks to our sponsors: Caravel Group, Clarksons Platou Asia Limited, ClassNK, Hong Kong Maritime and Port Board, Inmarsat, Invest Hong Kong, Lukoil Marine Lubricants DMCC, PSA International Pte Ltd, The Liberian Registry, Thome Group