Pelindo III in joint projects with local companies

Indonesian state-owned port operator Pelindo III is taking steps to boost economic growth in remote areas of the archipelago in East Nusa Tenggara and South Kalimantan.

Local media reported it had signed a collaboration agreement with three companies, Muria Sumba Manis, Sriboga Flour Mill and Indonesia Bulk Terminal for various projects in the Southern regions of Indonesia.

It will provide Sumba-based sugar company Muria Sumba Manis with a port facility, a harbour service and a sugarcane plantation and help with the construction of a sugar processing plant in Waingapu, East Nusa Tenggara.

“We’re not only doing business here, we are also helping to boost economic growth in the southern part of Indonesia,” said Pelindo III ceo Ari Askhara.

Pelindo III would give the right-to-manage for two plots of land - of four hectares each - to flour producer Sriboga Flour Mill to build a food grain terminal at the Tanjung Mas port in Semarang, Ari added.

The collaboration is under a build-operate transfer (BOT) project, in which Pelindo contributes 30% of the investment, while Sriboga covers the remaining 70%.

With Indonesia Bulk Terminal, Ari said Pelindo III would establish a joint company to construct a harbour at the Mekar Putih Special Economic Zone in South Kalimantan.

Posted 14 March 2018

© Copyright 2018 Seatrade (UBM (UK) Ltd). Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Seatrade.

Vincent Wee

Asia Editor, Seatrade Maritime News

Whitepaper on UAE Storybox