Notable features of FAR-2xx8 series:
- Automatic clutter elimination for unprecedented echo clarity (ACE)
ACE quickly adjusts the radar image with of a single button press. When the ACE function is activated, the system automatically adjusts clutter reduction filters and gain control according to the sea and weather conditions.
- Fast Target Tracking™ function to prevent collisions at an early stage
With Fast Target Tracking™(TT), the FAR-2xx8 series provides accurate tracking information; speed and course vectors are displayed in mere seconds allowing operators to take action and avoid incidents at a very early stage.
- InstantAccess bar™ which gives you immediate access to the functions you need
InstantAccess bar™ contains shortcut menus of tasks (functions/actions) which operators frequently use, so users can quickly access necessary tasks.
- Well-designed controllers for stress-free operation
Comfortable usability is very important on long voyages. With that in mind, control units are designed based on ergonomics to fit the operators’ hand. All operations can be controlled with the trackball.
- Solid state radar model - NXT - specialised in target detection and maintainability (S-band only)
FURUNO Solid State Radar technology generates clear echo images, which allows users to obtain a clear picture of the area around their vessel, including weaker echoes from small craft.
- Easy installation for new-buildings as well as retrofits, with expanded capabilities
Easily replaceable existing system of FAR-2xx7 series with FAR-2xx8 series. 27” wide monitor (model:MU-270W) is also selectable.
Learn more at our website and watch the video of the Furuno marine radar FAR-22x8/23x8.