Seatrade Maritime is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Da Chan Bay up and running

Article-Da Chan Bay up and running

Da Chan Bay up and running

Shenzhen: The first two berths of Da Chan Bay Terminal One in Western Shenzhen opened Friday to much fanfare.
The western Shenzhen facility, majority owned by Wharf (Holdings) subsidiary Modern Terminals, will see another three berths added next year.
When completed, Terminal One will cover a total area of 112 hectares. It will have five berths and a quayside that is 1,830 metres long and 600 metres wide.
Its quay depth is -15.5 metres, capable of handling the world's largest existing vessels. This will be dredged to -18 metres in the future, enabling it to handle even bigger container vessels being planned.
The Hong Kong operator holds 65 percent and will manage the operation. The other 35 percent is held by Shenzhen Dachan Bay Port Investment and Development Co, a company under the state-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Shenzhen Municipal Government.  [24/12/07]

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.