Seatrade Maritime is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

DP World furthers its Maputo footprint

DP World furthers its Maputo footprint

Dubai: Global port operator DP World has further committed to the growing Mozambique port of Maputo, investing more than US$32 million in the Maputo Port Development Company (MPDC), joining in a partnership with Grindrod International Ltd and Mozambique Gestores SARL.
DP World holds the concession to operate the container terminal at Maputo Port and is already a 60% shareholder in Maputo International Port Services (MIPS), the container terminal operating company, with the Mozambique Ports and Railways Company holding the remaining 40%.  The terminal has 100,000 teu capacity.
DP World has now purchased 48.5 % of Portus Indico - Sociedade de Servicos Portuarios, SA.  Grindrod International Ltd holds another 48.5%, with Mozambique Gestores, SARL holding the remaining 3%.
Portus Indico has a 51% interest in MPDC which holds the concession for the overall Port of Maputo until 2018, with an option to extend to 2028. Portus Indico separately also holds the agreement for the management of MPDC. The Government of Mozambique holds the remaining 49% share interest in MPDC. [09/01/08]

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.