Seatrade Maritime is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

RasGas Train 6 up and running

RasGas Train 6 up and running

Doha: RasGas announced yesterday that its Train 6 has produced its first liquefied natural gas (LNG). Train 6 is one of a new generation of "mega-trains", each capable of producing 7.8mn tonnes of LNG per annum (Mta).
"This milestone achievement is the culmination of an immense long-term development project that involved major offshore and onshore construction, subsurface drilling and engineering works, and a significant increase in the size of the RasGas shipping fleet," a company spokesman said.
The new train boosts the overall LNG production capacity of all RasGas companies to approximately 28.5mn tonnes of LNG a year.
Qatar, the world's largest LNG exporter, expects to double annual capacity this year to 62mn tonnes through the start-up of four huge new LNG production facilities.
RasGas expects to start Train 7 in late 2009. Both Trains 6 and 7 were expected to export LNG to Asia and the US.
State-run Qatar Petroleum owns 70% of RasGas Train 6, while Exxon Mobil owns the remaining 30%.
Qatar has two LNG producers, RasGas and Qatargas. Both are majority-owned by Qatar Petroleum. [13/08/09]


Hide comments
account-default-image

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish

SMN_Podcast_Leaderboard.jpg