Seatrade Maritime is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

unifeeder.jpg

Unifeeder expands with majority stake in Feedertech

DP World owned Unifeeder is expanding into Asia and the Middle East with the acquisition of a majority stake in Feedertech.

Unifeeder has acquired a 77% stake in Singapore-headquarterd Feedertech, while chairman, Ali Maghami, will retain the remaining 23% shareholding.

With the acquisition of the majority stake in the Singapore company Unifeeder will now have feeder and shortsea coverage in Europe, the Mediterranean, North Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.

Feedertech operates the feeder brand Feedertech and shortsea brand Perma with revenues of close to $200m annual volumes of over 600,000 teu

‘‘This is yet another strategic step in our vision to build a global presence, offer a broader network of solutions to customers and leverage the way we engage with them to create the most comprehensive and integrated solutions across multiple geographies,” said Jesper Kristensen, ceo of Unifeeder.

“Feedertech’s asset-light business model and approach to preserve the common-user independent platform that focuses on flexibility, reliability and providing sustainable logistics solutions, made it a clear fit for Unifeeder.”

Feedertech chairman Ali Maghami said:  “We believe the transaction with Unifeeder, and the support of DP World, will allow us to take the business to the next stage of its growth. Both Feedertech and Unifeeder share similar business models and a desire to reduce inefficiencies, and by combining the expertise of the two entities, we believe we can deliver a high-quality product for our customers.”

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish