Each judge will lend their expertise across one of the four independent judging panels, which is where entries for categories within the Corporate Excellence Awards; Industry Performance Awards; Technical Innovation Awards; and Logistics Excellence Awards will be put through their paces. Those who are successful in making the shortlist will face a second round of judging, before the final announcement is made during the in-person presentation ceremony on Sunday 12 December in Dubai.
As of Monday 26 July, confirmed judges include:
Corporate Excellence Awards panel
- Jamil Al-Ali - Manager, Projects & Marine Agency Branch Group, Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC)
- Mohammad Abdulrazaq Alawadhi - Vice President, HSSEQ & Business Excellence, Drydocks World Dubai
- Hisham Al-Khaldi - Chief Support Officer, Bahri
- Fazel A. Fazelbhoy - Chief Executive Officer, Synergy Offshore FZ LLE
- Rania Tadros - Managing Partner, Ince & Co Middle East LLP
Industry Performance Awards panel
- Jasmin Fichte - Managing Partner, Fichte & Co.
- Marcus Machin – Director, Tufton Oceanic (Middle East) Limited
- Salem Marafi - Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Shipyard Operations, Heavy Engineering Industries & Shipbuilding Co. KSC (HEISCO)
- Mazen Matar - Managing Director, Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard Company (ASRY)
Technical Innovation Awards Judges
- Capt. Mohamed Al Ali - Senior Vice President, Ship Management, ADNOC Logistics & Services
- Saif Al Mazrouei - Head of Ports Cluster, Abu Dhabi Ports
- Capt. Rado Antolovic, Phd - Chief Executive Officer, Drydocks World, Dubai
- Tony Field - Vice President, Middle East & Africa, Marine & Offshore, Lloyd's Register
- Capt. Harihar Prasad - CEO & Managing Director, McQuilling Shipping Services DMCC
- Engr. Ashik Subahani - Chairman, RINA UAE Branch & Managing Director, Sea Delta and Offshore
Logistics Excellence Awards Judges
- Romesh David - Chief Executive Officer, South Asia Gateway Terminals
- Tim Power - Managing Director, Drewry
- Boris Wenzel - Founder & President Terminal Industry Committee 4.0 (TIC4.0) & Senior Advisor Private Equity Industry
The Editorial Choice Awards, of which include the highly prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award which was won in 2020 by Eugene Mayne, Founder and CEO, Tristar Group, will be judged by representatives from both the Seatrade Maritime and Lloyd’s List editorial boards.
“Established in 2003, Seatrade Maritime Awards has been built on a commitment to provide maritime markets in the Middle East with a genuine benchmark of achievement, backed by a transparent judging process,” commented Chris Morley, Group Brand Director – Seatrade Maritime.
“Once again, we are delighted that this first announcement includes such an outstanding line-up of industry professionals; each proficient in their relevant sector and bringing with them a wealth of experience that ensures each entrant can be confident that their submission is going through a robust and fair judging process,” added Morley.
Entries for Seatrade Maritime Awards will close on Friday 13 August, with a total of eighteen categories now open for entry. You can find out more and begin you entry today at www.seatrade-middleeastawards.com.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.