A total of three judging panels and one assessor panel will see each entry through a rigorous judging process. Those who are successful in making the shortlist will face a second round of judging ahead of the winners’ announcement which will take place later this year.
This year’s judging panels are as:
Industry Award Judges:
Panel chairman: Chris Hayman, Chairman of Seatrade
- Şadan Kaptanoğlu, Immediate Past President, BIMCO
- Semiramis Paliou, Chairperson of the Board, Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association (HELMEPA)
- Nick Brown, IACS Chair, International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)Esben Poulsson, Executive Chairman, International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Nick Shaw, Chief Executive Officer, International Group of P&I Clubs
- Robert Drysdale, Managing Director, Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF)
Industry Awards Assessors
- David Loosley, Secretary General, BIMCO
- Ukko Metsola, Director General, CLIA Europe
- Constantinos Triantafillou, Head of Strategy & Development, Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association (HELMEPA)
- Konstantin Petrov, IACS Accredited Representative to IMO International Association of Classification Societies (IACS)
- Guy Platten, Secretary General, International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Xianyong (Joe) Zhou, Operations Manager, INTERCARGO
- David Baker, Senior Executive and IGP&I Accredited Representative to IMO International Group of P&I Clubs
- Saurabh Sachdeva, Publications and Advocacy Director, Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF)
Intelligent Shipping Judges:
- Patrick Verhoeven, Managing Director - Policy and Strategy, International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH)
- Dr Wang Jinbao, Researcher in ship hydrodynamics, Marine Design and Research Institute of China (MARIC); Chairman of ITTC Specialist Committee on Ship in Operation at Sea; and Deputy Director of SSNAME
- Paddy Rodgers, Director, Royal Museums Greenwich
Sustainable Supply Chain Management Award Judges, In association with International Marine Purchasing Authority (IMPA)
Panel chairman: Susan Koefoed, CEO & Chair, International Marine Purchasing Authority (IMPA)
- Susan Koefoed, CEO & Chair, International Marine Purchasing Authority (IMPA)
- Elisabeth Munck af Rosenschöld, Global Sustainability Manager, IKEA
- Katharine Palmer, Global Sustainability Manager, Marine & Offshore, Lloyd's Register
The Editorial Choice Awards, of which include the highly sought-after personality of the year award, will be judged by members of both the Seatrade and Lloyd’s List editorial teams.
“Bringing with them a truly impressive wealth of industry expertise and category-specific knowledge, each of our judges play an integral role in ensuring Seatrade Awards continues to offer a transparent and robust process for ensuring that the most deserving achievements and initiatives are rewarded,” commented Chris Hayman, Chairman of Seatrade and also chairman of the industry award judging panel.
Entries for Seatrade Awards remain open until Tuesday 20 July, with a total of thirteen categories providing a pathway for individuals and companies of all sizes to get involved. You can begin your entry today or find out more at seatrade-awards.com.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.