Upon completion of the transaction, Terminal Link will own various levels of equity interests in a portfolio of 23 terminals serving various regions.
China Merchant said the deal enables the group to invest in portfolio through Terminal Link, is consistent with the group’s strategy and marks a significant step of the group towards expanding its international footprint.
In November, the two parties had signed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for the proposed transaction.
The terminal assets involved in the deal include:
- 50% of Odessa Terminal Holdco Ltd (Ukraine),
- 49% of CMA CGM-PSA Lion Terminal Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- 50% of Adani CMA Mundra Terminal Private Ltd (India)
- 100% of Kingston Freeport Terminal Limited (Jamaica)
- 30% of Rotterdam World Gateway B.V. (the Netherlands)
- 25% of Gemalink Terminal Link Cai Mep Terminal Joint Stock Company (Vietnam)
- 24% equity stake indirectly owned by CMA CGM in Qingdao Qianwan United Advance Container Terminal Co., Ltd (China)
- 47.25% equity stake indirectly owned by CMA CGM in First Logistics Development Company (Vietnam)
- 14.5% equity stake indirectly owned by CMA CGM in Laem Chabang International Terminal Co Ltd (Thailand)
- 100% of the new corporate entity to be registered, holding the lease and all assets and liabilities of Umm Qasr Terminal (Iraq)
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.