With the world transitioning to electric power and global energy systems decarbonizing, we are entering a new age of hybridisation, renewables and intelligent power supply using energy storage. With this megatrend today highly visible in harbours – the world’s busiest hubs for bulk goods, this demonstrates the need for greener energy is soaring.
Connecting to shore power whilst berthed allows vessels to shut down their auxiliary generators completely. Shore power also supports vessel charging, to recharge batteries onboard hybrid or electric-powered ships. A shore power supply ensures not only clean air to breathe but also a noise-free environment. This also means that when using drive technology in a shore-supply solution, ships can source clean energy such as solar or wind power from local grids.
Most importantly for the industry, the use of green energy enables the port to be free of emissions from diesel generators and allows the industry to meet International Maritime Organisation emission control area targets.
What are your decarbonisation plans? How are you planning to meet the future environmental regulations that are being fast-tracked by world governments?
Join this exclusive webinar from TOC Digital which took place on the 28th September to streamline your strategies. This session is led by an expert panel including:
- Martti Alatalo, Global Vertical Development Director, Marine & Offshore – Danfoss
- Olli-Pekka Aalto, Global Vertical Development Director, Energy & Power – Danfoss
- Michael Muller, Global Vertical Development Director – Danfoss
- Craig Rapson, Global Key Account Manager – Danfoss
By attending this webinar on-demand, you will:
- Discover how electrification is accelerating in the maritime industry, through hybridisation and energy transition
- Explore the accelerating energy transition and electrification in onshore applications
- Find out how AC Drives can optimise TCO in cranes and help to increase productivity
- Learn about Danfoss Drive’s dedicated support for end-users
Host Webinar Sponsor:
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.