The future of transhipment hubs post-pandemic webinar, sponsored by CCT and SAAM Towage, will take place, November 11 at 7:00 EST—12:00 GMT and 20:00 SGT.
The free-to-attend webinar brings together a very distinguished panel of expert speakers who, being presidents of international terminals and the representative of the world’s largest shipping line, will discuss how international trading patterns will impact transhipment hubs in post-pandemic times.
The panel comprises Carlos Urriola, President of SSA International & President of Manzanillo International Terminal - Panama, S.A. (MIT); Stephen Shaffer, President of Colon Container Terminal, Panama and Lars Ostergaard Nielsen, Head of Americas Liner Operations Cluster, Maersk and it will be moderated by Marcus Hand, editor of Seatrade Maritime News.
The topics to be discussed include:
- Transhipment hub volumes have proved relatively resilient this year as lines focus on ultra-large containers – will this dynamic continue?
- How has the consolidation of the liner industry impacted ports and terminals?
- This year has been characterised by lines managing capacity through blank sailings, but regulatory pressure is now being seen, especially in the Transpacific trade. Can blank sailings continue as a long-term trend?
- There has been much talk of near-shoring and diversification of supply chains, how will this impact transhipment and could reshape areas of geographic importance?
- How will the development of e-commerce impact container shipping – will we see more express direct services such as those started on the Transpacific?
- Digitalisation in shipping and ports – how can transhipment hubs use digital technologies to stay ahead?
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.