With multiple deadlines looming and dozens of proposals on the table, keeping up with regional and international regulation is a full time job. Stamatis gives a concise overview of the upcoming regulatory developments both at the IMO and at the European Union, from the revision of the IMO’s initial greenhouse gas strategy to mid-term market based measures, carbon intensity guidelines, and even the potential sulphur emissions control area in the Mediterranean.
A timely refresher of the regulatory landscape as many of our listeners prepare for Posidonia 2022 where environmental regulation will be a hot topic.
In this episode, we cover:
- Revision of the IMO GHG Initial Strategy
- Development of CII correction factors
- Midterm market-based measures
- Draft Lifecycle GHG/Carbon Intensity Guidelines
- EU “Fit for 55” Package
- Revision of EU ETS Directive: Inclusion of shipping in Emissions Trading Scheme
- New Fuel EU Maritime Regulation: New policy measures to drive shift to low carbon fuels
- The Mediterranean SOx Emissions Control Area
Listen now to the episode in the player above or on the app of your choice