Co-organised by Seatrade, part of Informa Markets Maritime and Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG), the Seatrade Maritime Awards International have invited entries from international companies which will now be judged and will culminate in a physical awards ceremony with a virtual attendance option for international participants taking place on November 6, 2020 in Shanghai, China.
Between now and the middle of October, the prestigious panel will read, discuss, debate and decide on finalists for each category which will be announced on 19 October 2020
According to Chris Morley, Event Director, Seatrade Maritime: “The commitment and time that the judges put to this part of the process in enormous and we cannot under-estimate their energy and focus across many hours. The fact that so many well-known industry professionals are on the judging panel reflects the importance and prestige of these awards.
The 2020 judging panel consists of industry professionals from across the shipping industry and includes:
Logistic Solution of the Year
- Mr Gu Jinshan, Chairman of China Ports & Harbours Association & Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG)
- Laurence Jones, Deputy Chairman, International Cargo Handling Coordination Association (ICHCA) and Risk Assessment Director, TT Club
- Dr Patrick Verhoeven, Managing Director Policy and Strategy, International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH)
Ship of the Year
- Kevin Daffey, President, Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST)
- Dr Wang Jinbao, Researcher in ship hydrodynamics, Marine Design and Research Institute of China (MARIC); Chairman of ITTC Specialist Committee on Ship in Operation at Sea; and Deputy Director of SSNAME
- Zhang Shouguo, Executive President, China Shipowners' Association
Ship Finance Deal of the Year
- Professor Costas Th. Grammenos CBE DSc, Chairman, Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance, Cass Business School, City, University of London
- René Kofod-Olsen, Non-Executive Director
- Mr Zhang Ye, President, Shanghai Shipping Exchange
Shipping Company of the Year
- Denis Petropoulos, Chairman, The Baltic Exchange
- Michael Parker, Chairman, Global Shipping, Logistics & Offshore, Citigroup
- Tim Power, Managing Director, Drewry
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Roberto Giorgi, Former President, InterManager
- Peter Hinchliffe OBE, Former Secretary General, International Chamber of Shipping
- Mr Mo Jianhui, President, China Classification Society
The finalists will be announced for Logistic Solution of the Year; Ship of the Year; Ship Finance Deal of the Year Award; Shipping Company of the Year and Corporate Social Responsibility Award. Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award; Global Personality Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award will be announced on the night and the ceremony will also feature the Special Awards for Contribution to Shanghai International Shipping Centre presented by co-organisers SIPG.
Seatrade Maritime Awards International provides an unmatched opportunity for individuals and companies, big or small, to showcase their success and focus primarily on the achievements over the last 12 months celebrating the companies setting new standards of excellence and innovation.
For more information, go to: www.seatradeinternationalawards.com
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.