This is the second edition in a series of three reports produced in the lead up to the seventh edition of Sea Asia – the maritime industry’s leading forum for discussion, debate and analysis on the key trends and challenges facing the industry. Sea Asia 2019 will take place in Singapore from 9-11 April 2019.
This report explores how technology has changed the course of maritime over the last few years and the impact that it has had on the current maritime workforce.
It questions if technology will make traditional jobs in the maritime industry redundant, and emphasises the need for the industry, especially that of Singapore as a prominent maritime hub, to futureproof the workforce in a bid to remain competitive.
Acknowledgements and Contributions
The development of this multi-part industry insights report would not have been possible without the insights and contributions provided by these maritime industry’s thought leaders.
- Mr Khalid Hashim, Managing Director, Precious Shipping Public Co. Ltd
- Captain Mike Meade, Chief Executive Officer, M3 Marine Group
- Mr Esben Poulsson, Chairman, International Chamber of Shipping; President, Singapore Shipping Association; Chairman, Enesel Pte Ltd
- Mr Kenneth Chia, Executive Director of the Singapore Maritime Foundation
- Mr Desmond Lim, Chief Commercial Officer of Jurong Port
- Mr Chris Hayman, Chairman of Seatrade UBM EMEA
These industry leaders gave their time to be interviewed for this report, providing their invaluable insights and opinions on the challenges and opportunities facing maritime as the industry moves to embrace technology.
Register to download this resource
Registering as a member of Seatrade Maritime News will give you free access to premium content including digital magazines, webinars, whitepapers and more.Download