Seatrade Maritime News Editor Marcus Hand takes the listener through August in maritime with his top picks that appeared on Seatrade Maritime News.
Featured in this episode:
- Shipper and carrier environmental rankings
- Global slump in container volumes
- Panama Canal water woes
- Geopolitics and influence on trade and shipping
- China overtakes Greece as the world’s largest shipowner
- Who are CStar Line?
- HMM stake sale
- Lifting the lid of Pacific Carriers
- Maersk Supply Service job cuts
Listen to the episode now in the player above or the app of your choice below
Links to stories featured in this episode:
- Container lines outshine shippers in environmental standings
- Maersk sees global container volumes slump of up to 4% this year
- Boxships move cargo overland as Panama Canal faces water shortage crisis
- Podcast: Chat about geopolitics and trade with Khalid Hashim from Precious Shipping
- China takes lead over Greece in fleet gross tonnage
- New carrier CStar Line operating fleet of 18 chartered vessels
- Is Hapag-Lloyd in shape to bid for HMM?
- PCL: 50 years of dry bulk shipping, growing in product tankers
- Maersk Supply Service laying off 130 staff in restructuring