Mohammed Al Muallem, Executive Vice President – Office of the Chairman, DP World, was recognised this evening (Monday 13 December) for his outstanding commitment to the development of the regional maritime industry.
He was presented with the coveted Lifetime Achievement Award at the Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent & Africa which took place as part of Seatrade Maritime Middle East at Dubai Exhibition Centre, Expo 2020.
Mr Al Muallem’s award was one of six selected by the Seatrade Editorial Board celebrating outstanding industry contributions and included:
- Regional Deal of the Year – won by Red Sea Gateway Terminal;
- Diversity & Equality Award (sponsored by Tomini Shipping) – won by DP World UAE;
- Young Person of the Year - won by Marwan Mubarak, President, YoungShip Dubai;
- Personality of the Year Award (sponsored by DP World) – won by Abdullah Aldubaikhi, Chief Executive Officer, Bahri
- Outstanding Achievement Award (sponsored by Drydocks World, a DP World Company) - King Abdullah Port.
Andrew Williams, President, Informa Markets Maritime, commented from the ceremony: “Across the Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa, maritime markets have faced challenging and disruptive circumstances. However, both the volume and quality of nominations submitted this year tell the story of a region that, through innovative thinking and resilience, continues to thrive.
“Each of our winners and finalists are to be congratulated on their achievements tonight, of which this presentation comes at a timely moment with the recent announcement of the UAE’s re-election onto the IMO Council as a Category B member for the third year,” continued Williams.
Seatrade Maritime Awards, which are the only awards to feature during UAE Maritime Week 2021, took place under the patronage of the UAE Ministry for Energy and Infrastructure and saw a total of 16 winners announced from a remarkable shortlist. Of the 16 winners, 11 came from independently judged categories which recognise specific industry achievements including safety, sustainability initiatives, technical innovations, education, specific industry achievements and more.
A total of five independent panels collectively contributed their time and expertise to evaluating each nomination and providing a transparent judging process, with the finalists going through two rounds of judging ahead of the evening.
A full list of winners can be found here:
CORPORATE EXCELLENCE AWARDS:
Safety & Quality Award
- Bahri Ship Management
Corporate Social Responsibility Award
- Tristar Maritime
Education & Training Award
- Highly Commended – Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training
INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE AWARDS:
Shipping Company of the Year
- Tomini Shipping
Outstanding SME Performance Award
- Constellation Marine Services
Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Award
- ASRY – Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard Company
TECHNICAL INNOVATION AWARDS:
Technical Innovation Award
- Alpha Ori Technologies
Sustainable Shipping Award
- ADNOC Logistics & Services
LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE AWARDS
in association with TOC Worldwide
Port & Terminal Operator Award
- Ports Cluster, Part of AD Ports Group
Logistics Solution of the Year
- MICCO Logistics, Part of AD Ports Group
EDITORIAL CHOICE AWARD CATEGORIES:
Regional Deal of the Year
- Red Sea Gateway Terminal
Diversity & Equality Award (sponsored by Tomini Shipping)
- DP World UAE
Young Person of the Year
- Marwan Mubarak, President, YoungShip Dubai
Personality of the Year Award (sponsored by DP World UAE)
- Abdullah Aldubaikhi, Chief Executive Officer, Bahri
Outstanding Achievement Award (sponsored by Drydocks World, a DP World Company)
- King Abdullah Port
Lifetime Achievement Award (sponsored by Abu Dhabi Maritime)
- Mohammed Al Muallem, Executive Vice President – Office of the Chairman, DP World
Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa, in association with Lloyd’s List, will return in 2022 as part of next year’s Seatrade Maritime Middle East, which will take place in Abu Dhabi. To find out more, visit seatrade-middleeastawards.com.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.