The shifting regulatory landscape in Maritime: An overview
The maritime industry has undergone a lot of change over the last few years. Today, the industry is seeing stricter environmental regulations coming into play, technological advancements changing traditional roles in the workforce, and sentiments around global trade escalating. With all this change taking place, the maritime industry has a lot to absorb, adapt and adopt in the years ahead.
The solutions chosen by industry players to navigate these changes is essential to ensure its competitiveness.
In this Sea Asia report – the final of a three-part series – we look at how global developments are impacting the maritime industry and what the industry needs to do to be able to move comfortably through these changes. This report also cites key discussion points from the recent Sea Asia 2019 held in Singapore in April.
The development of this multi-part industry insights report would not have been possible without the insights and contributions provided by these thought leaders.
- Mr Erck Rickmers, Chairman of E.R. Capital
- Mr Geir Bjørkeli, Chief Executive Officer at Corvus Energy
- Mr Guy Platten, Secretary-General of the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Mr Hideyuki Ando, Senior General Manager at MTI (NYK Group)
- Mr Jeremy Nixon, Chief Executive Officer at Ocean Network Express (ONE)
- Ms Liv Hovem, Chief Executive Officer at DNV GL – Oil & Gas
- Mr Mohd Shahrin Bin Osman, Regional Manager, Maritime Advisory for South East Asia, Pacific & India, DNV GL
- Mr Ralph Leszczynski, Head of Research at Banchero Costa
- Mr Marius Johansen, VP Commercial, Ships Agency
- Captain Michael Elwert, Managing Director, Ship Management West, V.Group
- Mr Chris Hayman, Chairman of Seatrade, Informa Markets
They gave their time to share their insights and opinions on the challenges and opportunities facing the industry due to global developments.
Register to download this resource
Registering as a member of Seatrade Maritime News will give you free access to premium content including digital magazines, webinars, whitepapers and more.Download