The Seatrade Maritime Awards will take place on Tuesday 8 November at Guildhall, London.
Announcing the judging panel, Chris Morley, Group Director, Seatrade Maritime, said: “We are delighted to be able to announce such a stellar line-up for this year’s edition of Seatrade Maritime Awards. Their participation is pivotal in upholding a transparent process that ensures the best in maritime are given the recognition they deserve.”
A total of five judging panels will evaluate each entry via a rigorous judging process. This year’s judging panels are as follows:
Industry Performance Award Judges
- Paddy Rodgers, Chief Executive, Royal Museums Greenwich
- Michael Parker, Chairman, Global Shipping, Logistics & Offshore, Citi
- Denis Petropoulos, Chairman, The Baltic Exchange
- Jasmin Fichte, Managing Partner, Fichte & Co.
- Caroline Yang, President, Singapore Shipping Association
- Alfonso Castillero, CEO, Liberian International Ship and Corporate Registry
Innovation Award Judges
- Zhang Shouguo, Executive Vice-Chairman, China Shipowners' Association
- Øystein Goksøyr, Head of Department for Safety Advisory, DNV
- Alastair Fischbacher, President, Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST)
- René Kofod-Olsen, CEO, V. Group
Logistics Solution Award Judges
- Eleanor Hadland, Senior Analyst - Ports & Terminals, Drewry
- Gu Jinshan, Chairman of Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) and Chairman of China Ports & Harbours Association
- Dr Patrick Verhoeven, Managing Director, International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH)
- Boris Wenzel, Founder & President, TIC4.0
Sustainability Award Judges
- Dimitrios Fafalios, Chairman, INTERCARGO
- Sabrina Chao, President, BIMCO
- Olga Stavropoulou, Director General, Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association (HELMEPA)
- Nicholas Brown, IACS Chair, International Association of Classification Societies (IACS)
- Emanuele Grimaldi, Executive Chairman, International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Nick Shaw, CEO, International Group of P&I Clubs
Sustainability Award Assessors:
- Konstantin Petrov, Accredited Representative to IMO, International Association of Classification Societies (IACS)
- Guy Platten, Secretary General, International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Xianyong Zhou, Operations Manager, INTERCARGO
Sustainable Supply Chain Judges
- Susan Koefoed, CEO & Chair, International Marine Purchasing Association (IMPA)
- Elisabeth Munck af Rosenschöld, Head of Sustainability, Inter IKEA Group
- Mikael Karlsson, Chairman - IMPA SAVE, Northern Marine Group
- Paolo Magonio, Group Procurement Manager, Scorpio Ship Group
The Editorial Choice Awards, of which includes the highly coveted personality of the year award, will be judged by members of the Seatrade Editorial team.
Those who are successful in making the finalist shortlist will face a second round of judging, before the winners are announced during a glamorous in-person presentation ceremony at London’s iconic, Guildhall.
Guests are now invited to start booking their place at this year’s ceremony. Reservations can be made as a Table of 10 or by booking an individual seat. Both options come with a three-course dinner, a clear view of the Awards presentation and access to the networking reception.
“After two years of virtual celebrations, this year's in-person ceremony is set to be truly unforgettable.”
“Due to demand, places will be sold on a first come first serve basis. We strongly encourage you to book your seat, or table, as soon as possible to avoid disappointment,” commented Morley.
If you’re interested in attending and being a part of the celebrations, please enquire here to discover your options.
This year’s sponsors include: Bureau Veritas, China Classification Society, DNV, Liberian Registry, Nakilat, PSA International.
These Awards are also proudly supported by: International Marine Purchasing Association, Maritime London, TOC Worldwide and The Mission to Seafarers.