It’s full speed ahead for Seatrade Maritime CrewConnect Global 2023, which is set to bring representatives from the global crewing industry to Manila from 21 – 23 November. More than 50 carefully programmed talks will be held across the three days, with representatives of International Transport Workers’ Federation, European Commission, International Chamber of Shipping, Maersk, OSM Thome, MSC Shipmanagement and Intermanager among an impressive list of more than 70 speakers set to feature on this year’s speaker panel.
Now in its 24th year, Seatrade Maritime CrewConnect Global brings together every part of the ecosystem responsible for the crewing of ships around the world. The conference agenda is always highly anticipated as it provides attendees with an opportunity to gain a comprehensive insight into the specific challenges, opportunities and trends impacting the future of crewing.
“The speaker panel for this year’s event represents a truly diverse group of individuals, who all share the same commitment, passion, and enthusiasm for the future development on the global crewing industry. The wealth of expertise and unique experiences that each speaker brings with them is truly exciting,” said Chris Morley, Group Director of Seatrade Maritime.
To date, more than 70 visionaries, leaders and luminaries will impart a wealth of knowledge and expertise at this year’s event, including:
- Tommy Olofsen, CCO and President - OSM Thome
- Justyna Bartnicka, Policy Officer - European Commission
- Andreas Nordseth, Director General - Danish Maritime Authority
- Dennis Svane Hansen, Head of Marine People Solutions, Marine People and Culture - A.P. Moller-Maersk
- Dr. Martin Kröger LL.M, CEO – VDR, German Shipowners‘ Association
- Simon Frank, VP - Crewing Operations at NSB Group
- Susanne Justesen, PH.D, Project Director, Human Sustainability - Global Maritime Forum (GMF)
- Prabhat Jha, Group Managing Director - MSC Shipmanagement
- Capt. Ahmed Belal, Chairman - IMEC
- Heidi Heseltine, CEO, Halcyon Recruitment & Co-Founder, Diversity Study Group - Halcyon Recruitment
- Torbjørn Eide, VP - Klaveness Ship Management AS
- Francesca Fairbairn, Shipping and Commodities Manager – IHRB
- Gerardo Borromeo, CEO of PTC Group, VP of Filipino Shipowners Association and Vice Chairman of ICS
- Helio Vicente, Senior Manager (Policy and Employment Affairs) – International Chamber of Shipping
- Jacqueline Smith, Maritime Coordinator – International Transport Workers Federation
“As the needs of the seafarer continue to evolve, and the wider maritime industry faces new demands and challenges, it is vital that the crewing industry has the opportunity to come together, share knowledge, and collaborate at events such as Seatrade Maritime CrewConnect Global 2023,” Said Tommy Olofsen, CCO and President of OSM Thome.
“In my role as the official conference chairman, I look forward to welcoming such a knowledgeable panel of industry experts to join me as we discuss pertinent issues including recruitment, retention, mental health and wellbeing, safety at sea and seafarer of tomorrow,” added Olofsen.
The conference will get underway on Tuesday 21 November, starting with a free-to-attend Cruise Breakout before diving into the highly anticipated opening keynote, which will look at the processes and strategies needed over the next five years. The agenda will go on to explore recruitment, training, safety at sea and seafarer wellbeing through breakout sessions.
Registration now open
Seatrade Maritime CrewConnect Global 2023 will take place from 21 – 23 November 2023 at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila and will also feature a sold-out Supplier Showcase and the ever-popular CrewConnect Global Awards. You can join representatives from more than 30 countries by registering today.
Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.
|Add Seatrade Maritime News to your Google News feed.