Seatrade Maritime is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

GIP to acquire 25% stake in DP world Chennai Terminal

GIP to acquire 25% stake in DP world Chennai Terminal

Mumbai: Private equity firm Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) has announced plans to acquire a 25% stake in Chennai Container Terminal Private Limited (CCT) for an undisclosed sum. The terminal, located on the South East Coast of India, is currently operated by Dubai Ports World, which holds the remaining 75% stake.

The acquisition, to be conducted through GIP's portfolio company International Port Holdings (IPH), is conditional on obtaining regulatory clearance from the Government of India and approval from the Chennai Port Trust.

CCT is the second largest private container terminal in India overall by traffic volume ?" which has grown at a compounded annual rate of 18.7% since its opening in 2001. It saw a throughput of 829,307teu in 2006.

"We are delighted that one of our first emerging market investments is in such a high growth, high quality asset within India's manufacturing hub," said Adebayo Ogunlesi, chairman and managing partner of Global Infrastructure Management. "CCT provides a significant opportunity to gain a foothold in one of the most promising areas in the port sector, and the facility itself offers tremendous potential for further development. This investment significantly advances our global strategy of adding well-run port operating assets to GIP's IPH portfolio."  [02/07/07]

Hide comments
account-default-image

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish

SMN_Podcast_Leaderboard.jpg