Co-organised by Seatrade, part of Informa Markets Maritime and Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG), the Seatrade Maritime Awards International have invited entries from international companies and will culminate in a physical awards ceremony with a virtual attendance option for international participants.
The latest judge to be confirmed, Mr Mo Jianhui, President, China Classification Society, said: “We feel delighted that the Seatrade Maritime Awards International is now held for the first time ever in Shanghai, China. As one of the most critical maritime award programme held annually, Seatrade Maritime Awards International attracts some of the most important prominent maritime players from all over the world to partake in the competition.
It is a great honor for me to be a judge at this significant Corporate Social Responsibility Award.”
The judging panel consists of industry professionals from across the shipping industry and includes:
Logistic Solution of the Year
- Mr Gu Jinshan, President of China Ports & Harbour Association, (SIPG)
- Laurence Jones, Deputy Chairman, International Cargo Handling Coordination Association (ICHCA) and Risk Assessment Director, TT Club
- Dr Patrick Verhoven, Managing Director Policy and Strategy, International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH)
Ship of the Year
- Kevin Daffey, President, Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST)
- Dr Wang Jinbao, Researcher in ship hydrodynamics, Marine Design and Research Institute of China (MARIC); Chairman of ITTC Specialist Committee on Ship in Operation at Sea; and Deputy Director of SSNAME
Ship Finance Deal of the Year
- Professor Costas Th. Grammenos CBE DSc, Chairman, Costas Grammenos Centre for Shipping, Trade and Finance, Cass Business School, City, University of London
- Mr Zhang Ye, President, Shanghai Shipping Exchange
Shipping Company of the Year
- Denis Petropoulos, Chairman, The Baltic Exchange
- Michael Parker, Chairman, Global Shipping, Logistics & Offshore, Citigroup
- Tim Power, Managing Director, Drewry
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Roberto Giorgi, Former President, InterManager
- Peter Hinchliffe OBE, Former Secretary General, International Chamber of Shipping
- Mr Mo Jianhui, President, China Classification Society
Announcing the judging panel, Chris Morley, Event Director, Seatrade, said: “Having the right individuals represented on the judging panel is key to ensuring a transparent process and also ensuring an international mix of companies and industry sectors.
“We are delighted to be able to announce such a stellar line-up and grateful to the judges for their dedication and large amount of their personal time spent reading and judging entries.”
Entries are open and categories include:
- Logistic Solution of the Year
- Ship of the Year
- Ship Finance Deal of the Year Award
- Shipping Company of the Year
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Global Personality Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
The ceremony will also feature the Special Awards for Contribution to Shanghai International Shipping Centre presented by co-organisers SIPG.
Seatrade Maritime Awards International provides an unmatched opportunity for individuals and companies, big or small, to showcase their success and focus primarily on the achievements over the last 12 months celebrating the companies setting new standards of excellence and innovation.
For more information, go to: www.seatradeinternationalawards.com
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved. Seatrade, a trading name of Informa Markets (UK) Limited.